Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wrapping things up at Camp Shelby...

Our time at Camp Shelby, MS is coming to an end. By this time next week the 1960th should be in flight, in Kuwait, or maybe even in Afghanistan...either way we shouldn't be in Mississippi. Over the next few days we'll be going through our last few medical checks (SSG Richardson & SSG Martin still hoping to weasel their way out of the smallpox injections), combat checks and inspections, and hopefully a good steak dinner prior to our flight.

We have had a good time here in Hattiesburg, however, there comes a time when you are just ready to strap in up and get in the game. We've trained for months and now it's time to actually get involved. I'll do my best to post one more blog before we leave, but I'm not promising anything. So...if I don't post for a week or so you'll know that I'm likely en route to my deployment destination.

Enjoy the last couple of pictures that I've posted too!


The dryers at Shelby are huge! The guys said this was supposed to be what the inside of a can of "whoop ***" looks like, but apparently I was smiling too much. I was actually trying to scare Rich, but the dryer began rolling.


I'm not supposed to put this TOP SECRET picture on the internet, but this is a picture of a test program the Army is fielding called COMBAT NINJA. Sssshhhhh!


Please notice the speakers being held directly above the washer...somehow they got dumped in. Thunder Dan didn't think about them for a few minutes and they were completely full of water; amazingly they still worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment