Saturday, July 31, 2010

A nice two weeks

Please forgive the length of time between posts, I'm so busy that there needs to be two of me!

Since my last posting I put a new countdown on the whiteboard at work. I don't know why I would begin this so early in a deployment, guess I'm a glutton for punishment. As of right now my board has the names of each individual in the office and the amount of days left here in country. The board also includes the number of days until Alabama's first football game of the season (36 days) and how many days until the Air Force Deployed Soldier Half Marathon (also 36 days). The winner of the least amount of time left here is our Navy Lieutenant Commander with 26 days, the loser is 'yours truly' with 240 days left. On a positive note, that 240 is much less than where I started.

As I just mentioned, the Air Force has a half marathon for their deployed troops and all service branches are invited to participate. On the 4th of July I ran in the Firecracker 5k and said I wouldn't do that again since it's so hot here, but again, I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. The half marathon will be 13.1 miles around Bagram Airfield and hopefully it will begin very early in the morning...I can assure you that I'll not miss any of the Alabama football game for some silly run!

Just like it's been over the past couple of months, we're swamped and need more people! One plus about being so overworked is that the days run together and time passes a bit more quickly. Each night when I lay down I think..."didn't I just get up?" No problems though, only 4.5 more months until I get to take some much-needed R&R at home with the family.

God bless and I'll try to write more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment