Thursday, July 15, 2010

No news is good news...

Tonight's update will be quite short as nothing too exciting has happened over the past week since my last update. The expression "no news is good news" is becoming pretty standard for me. We're still working from can to can't and that's a good thing as it does make the time pass by a bit quicker.

The lone exciting thing that has happened is that a few of us went to the Turkish dining facility earlier this week. They served a mixture of meats I didn't recognize, a vegetable/fruit mix I also didn't recognize, and some potato salad. If you were to ask Loni if I like potato salad she would likely laugh at you, but as I didn't want to be rude I decided to partake. Actually, it's not that I was trying not be rude as much as there was just a language barrier between myself and the server...as I said "no thanks" he smiled and loaded me up with an extra helping! I'm still not sure what type of meat we ate...really don't want to know, but it was good. Final though on the Turkish food...after we ate we went to an area where they hang out and watch TV and drink coffee or tea. I decided on the tea as as true Southerner I hoped it would be iced and sweet...well it was hot and unsweet. Milo's might want to consider making some extra for when Daniel and I get back home!

Take care all and I'll try to update again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment